By Gabi Gruber, Online Content Manager and Social Media Manager
// In this episode of Gruber’s Grubs, Gabi Gruber walks through a shockingly simple recipe for peppermint patties. These candies take under thirty minutes to make and are guaranteed to surprise your family and friends!
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Put the condensed milk, peppermint extract, and half of the powdered sugar into a stand mixer and combine on low speed.
- After the mixture is well combined, add in the remaining powdered sugar and continue to mix. Over time, a thick dough will form.
- Gently remove the dough from the mixer and place it on a sheet of parchment paper in a ball.
- Put the chocolate chips and the shortening in a bowl and place it in the microwave for about 3 minutes. If the chocolate does not melt entirely, stir the mixture and place it back into the microwave.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the ball of peppermint dough until it takes the form of a ½ inch thick sheet. Then, break off small pieces of the dough and roll them into balls. Press on the top of the ball to create a patty about the size of a quarter.
- With a spoon, scoop out some of the melted chocolate and cover the top of each patty.
- Transfer the parchment paper onto cookie sheets and place them into the freezer until the chocolate hardens.
For more videos visit our YouTube, ahsblueprint.