By Gabi Gruber, Online Editor-in-Chief
// Kick off the fall and holiday season with these festive sugar cookies!
- 4 sticks of unsalted butter: softened and cut into small pieces
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 5 ¾ cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Using a stand mixer, mix together the sugar and butter. Make sure that the mixture is well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vanilla extract and the eggs. Then, add this mixture into the sugar and butter. Mix this until all is combined.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Then add this into the wet mixture. As you mix, add in the food coloring until you reach the desired shade.
- After mixing, wrap up the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours.
- After the dough chills, roll out the dough until it is about ¼ inch thin. Use a cookie cutter to cut out dough in desired shapes.
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Photos by Gabi Gruber, Online Editor-in-Chief