By Gabi Gruber, Online Editor-in-Chief
// In this installment of Blueprint’s holiday recipe series, Gabi Gruber explains how to make cinnamon sugar palmiers!
- ½ cup demerara sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 box frozen puff pastry dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the cinnamon, sugar, and salt.
- Using a pastry brush, apply the beaten egg to the puff pastry in a thin layer. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar on top of the dough.
- At one of the long sides of the dough, roll the pastry into a sight spiral. Do this until you reach the midline of the dough. Then, follow the same process on the other side.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on the top of the pastry.
- Transfer the dough into the freezer, and chill it for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- Once the pastry has chilled, remove it from the freezer and transfer it to a cutting board. Then, cut the dough into equal pieces (approximately ½ inch thick) to form the cookies. Place the cookies onto a baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 25-30 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving.
Photos by Gabi Gruber, Online Editor-in-Chief