Grace Gallacher, Staff Writer
// These treats are easy to bake and fun to make alone, with family, or with friends. From their fluffy softness, to their rich chocolate and peppermint flavors, these brownies taste like a winter wonderland. They can be modified quite easily depending on your preferences, and most importantly, are incredibly sweet and delicious.
- 10 tbsp melted salted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup melted milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ tsp peppermint extract – change depending on how strong you would like the flavor
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line/grease a 9×9 pan.
- Pour melted butter into a large mixing bowl and whisk in sugar by hand until smooth (around 30 seconds).
- Add in eggs, peppermint and vanilla extract. Whisk for 1 minute.
- Whisk in melted chocolate until combined and smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt until combined. Stir in whole separate chocolate chips.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes before slicing.
Graphic by Gabi Gruber, Online Editor-in-Chief