By Sophie Gold and Maddyx Bride, Staff Writers
// Kick off Winter Break with this easy to follow recipe for persimmon bread!
- 1 cup persimmon pulp
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 ½ cups of white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 cups flour
- ⅔ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease four 3×6 loaf pans.
- Mix the persimmon pulp and the baking soda together in a small bowl. Let the mixture stand for five minutes.
- Add sugars, oil, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, and eggs in a large bowl.
- To that mixture, mix in persimmon pulp and water alternately with flour.
- Divide batter into the prepared pans, filling each pan 2/3 full.
- Bake for one hour, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for ten minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Photo by Sophie Gold and Maddyx Bride, Staff Writers