By Avery Robb, Staff Writer
// This holiday season, turn up the music and spend an afternoon baking these simple and flavorful matcha crinkle cookies. From their soft texture to their festive color, this recipe is a perfect fit for the holidays.
- 2 cups cake flour
- ¼ cup matcha powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake flour, matcha powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat together the eggs and 1 cup of the granulated sugar until fluffy. Beat in vegetable oil.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Chill the mixture for one hour
- Sift powdered sugar into a shallow dish. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Scoop the dough into small balls and roll them in the powdered sugar. Place them about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes untill the tops are cracked. Let the cookies cool for 5-10 minutes on the pan before transfering to a cooling rack.